We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced back-end Software Engineer to join our team in the games industry, with a focus on scalability.
You will be responsible for designing and implementing the server-side logic and infrastructure that supports the development and operation of games, with a particular emphasis on ensuring that the systems are able to scale to support millions of live active players.
This role will involve working closely with game developers, operations teams, and other stakeholders to ensure that the back-end systems are reliable, scalable, and efficient.
- Design, build and maintain highly scalable and resilient distributed systems. Integrate with third-party APIs and services as needed;
- Collaborate with game developers and other stakeholders to ensure that the back-end systems meet the needs of the organization;
- Continuously improve the back-end systems to ensure maximum reliability, scalability, and efficiency, with a particular focus on supporting millions of live active players;
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues with the back-end systems, and take corrective action as needed.
- 7+ years of experience in software development, with a focus on horizontally scalable back-end systems;
- Experience with microservices and event-driven architectures;
- Strong technical background and good knowledge of data structures and algorithms;
- Excellent system design skills;
- Proficiency with programming languages such as Typescript;
- Experience with the following technologies:
-NoSQL and SQL databases (DynamoDB, Cloud Spanner);
-Google Cloud Platform (GKE, Cloud Run, Cloud Functions, LB, VPC);
-Amazon Web Services (Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, Route53, CloudFront, etc);
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other team members;
- Passion for games and a deep understanding of the games industry is an advantage;
- Working proficiency in English.
- 20 working days of paid vacation per year;
- Official holidays of Ukraine – days off;
- Modern equipment for work;
- Corporate events;
- External and internal training: conferences, professional events, courses, corporate e-learning platforms;
- English speaking club;
- Work in a respectful and supportive team.
We are looking forward to your application!